Aside from the recital, meeting up with former neighbors, and Father's Day, here are a few more notable events for our family in June:
Liesel and her friends made some chalk art on the driveway for Pride Month. Then it promptly rained and washed most of it away.
We took every opportunity to go to The Freeze resulting in some brain freeze.
Trader Joe's flowers were poppin'!
Some of the best food I've ever eaten is from asking someone who works there to just make me their favorite dish the way they like to eat it. I'm not picky and they usually get really excited. One day I happened to be in the mood for a gyro so this is what the guy at Falafill made and it was so good!!!
This is the only year the girls were at Girl's Camp all together. Liesel actually had to leave early so I'm glad I was able to snap this photo!
Colonoscopies are never a trip to the spa but I have difficult veins. Throw on being dehydrated from cleaning out your system and that makes for a really bad IV experience. When they gave me the propofol, it badly burned and apparently they replaced my IV once I was under. I woke up bruised and sobbing. Glad I did it and glad it's over.
Learned a thing or two going to the No Kings protest in Chicago:
1. Wear heavy duty shoes
2. Have a handkerchief tied around your neck
3. Any sign should have a front and a back and can be used to cover your face
4. Protests are not just to make a statement but are places where people go to socialize and connect
I thought it would be fun to get a puzzle and slowly work on it with the girls. Somehow that devolved into just Gita and I working on it and screaming at each other stuff like, "Oh yeah! Well you're the worst puzzler that ever puzzled!" I can't explain it. But it was fun.
Ireland gets an ample supply of contacts but she hadn't had new glasses in years and it was high time for her to get a pair. This is what she settled on- doesn't she look smart and sophisticated?
Brigitta got her aerial!
Liesel landed a job at Wendy's and I'm so incredibly proud of her for officially entering the workforce. When she groaned about not wanting to go into work it pricked my heart a bit. "Sweetie! You're adulting!!!" I told her. She earned some coin and now has some experience to put on a resume.
This came across my feed and I love it so much!
Annual trip for Ireland to see her pulmonary specialist. She really wanted to take this picture but she was also dreading it because of her knee pain. She thugged it out for the photo!
We went to lunch at our favorite spot in Iowa City- the St. Burch Tavern where they have amazing lobster mac n cheese. Digging around in my wallet to I came across a long-lost CTR ring!
We made sure to leave time to stop by Stringtown Grocer for some yummy Amish goods. We snagged the last two jars of Traffic Jam and some saltwater taffy- a must for summer!
For Theater Camp, Sydney was cast as the cow in Jack and the Beanstalk. She was fantastic and really enjoyed her time on stage. She worked so hard to memorize her lines!
Liesel lopped off her hair in favor of a pixie cut.
I'm not gonna lie- I shed some tears over that one. There are women who pay thousands of dollars for the blonde hair she has and cutting it all off at once was like losing a limb. She looks so very different without it!
We had a massive storm that blew some major branches off our trees. Because they were leaning on the house, we had to call in a professional to take them down. Even the professionals were having a hard time because they were HUGE! Luckily no damage to the house.
Another one blew into the yard and Brent said he would cut that up himself. When Reagan and Doug visited, Doug jumped in and helped which we are so very grateful for!
These trees are old! Even though this looks like it was struck by lightning, the black is just from years and years of aging. It was kind of splitting before the storm but the high winds accelerated the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment