Saturday, February 28, 2026

February Tid Bits

 February was filled with basketball games at the middle school. This year they've combined the dance team and cheer teams so Sydney got to do a little bit of stunting as a flyer. Ironically, she chastized me for not watching her enough and being distracted by my phone- which is pot? Kettle? Black? For the record, I was absolutely watching if and when she did anything but it is a lot of waiting around. 

She had a lot of fun!

I arrive at work around sunrise and being on the 17th floor I've been able to witness some really incredible skylines. Tough to see due to the low hanging clouds but that's Chicago on the right hand side way in the background. 



Brent helped a family in the ward with their well water pump. He was gone for half the day and came back absolutely filthy. Love that service-minded husband of mine!

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to do more games with the girls on Sundays. Somehow that morphed into the girls doing JackBox games with the extended family and you know what? I don't mind a bit- especially when it gets them gathered together in the office having fun! See Gita smooshed there in the corner?

Gita saw the irises (Jeanne's favorite flower) and insisted I buy them for that week's arrangement. So this bouquet is dedicated to her!

I have successfully kept a rosemary plant alive for several months! Usually they are shriveled up and dead because I over-watered or under-watered. A coworker told me she heard the secret is to just water the roots and since they are a Mediterrenean plant I used the warm-ish water from my hot water bottle. I also jostled the plant a bit since they thrive in windy conditions as well and so far, so good! This may not seem like a big deal but for me, it's a BIG DEAL!


We made it to the temple as a family! Not without Gita kicking Ireland in the back as we walked in and Sydney squealing like a stuck pig when I tried to brush her hair and braid it and Liesel complaining she was going to be late for musical rehearsal (which was all of 10 minutes). But we made it!

No comments: