Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pillow Talk

Sleep is becoming a rare commodity these days. First there's the constant bathroom breaks in the middle of the night. Secondly there's my loving spouse. For the most part, sleeping with Brent is a dream. He's like a furnace and all it takes to raise my core body temperature is to scoot over a bit and partake of the wonderful warmth. He's a cuddle bunny so I'll wake up in the morning in an embrace and bless his heart, he's even learned to steer clear of my general bladder area when wrapping his arms around me. His one desire is to have a thin sheet covering him so the quilt is left entirely to me. Most of the times it's a dream. There are however, the times when he rolls on his back and starts snoring. It's like sleeping with a Mac truck. One particularly sleepless night I nudged him to roll over so I could get some much-needed rest.

"Brent"

"Uhmphh?

"You're snoring."

"Really? I can't hear anything."

I have to admit I didn't know quite how to respond. Well, no you can't hear anything because you're asleep. Unlike... ME. I guess he took the hint because he rolled over. When I mentioned it a couple of days later he laughed heartily at his own humor. Ahhh married life. It's the shiz.

1 comment:

Reggs said...

Another good way to get your man to quit snoring is to put weird stuff in their mouth. Gum wrappers. Paper clips. Pop Rocks.
Their subconcious eventually kicks in.