Monday, July 04, 2011

Cupcake Wars- Red, White & Blue Challenge

Reagan suggested for our next round of cupcake wars that we select a theme: red, white and blue. I thought that was particularly apropos with the 4th of July right around the corner. However, I had to temporarily abandon my Hello Cupcake book to do it. After a fairly extensive search, I finally settled on these cupcakes which are originally found here.


The Uncle Sam cupcakes are actually frosted upside down with a decorated ice cream cone on top for the hat. Brent particularly likes the strawberry Fruit by the Foot that makes up the red band. I found mini cones and knew I had to make some little ones too. Liesel always loves the mini cupcakes because they're just her size. So we have some Uncle Sam cupcakes and Nephew ???. I still haven't thought of a good name for the minis. Any suggestions are welcome!


We experimented with a few other sizes and designs (including a small cake) and added fruit to some of them. It is summer after all! The below photo shows all our creations (minus more Uncle Sam cupcakes we gave away to friends). I like how the strawberries look like a heart because I do indeed love the USA!!!
I can't wait to see what Reagan comes up with! Rumor has it she's trying to avoid the 4th of July theme so they should be interesting. In the meantime, feel free to wander over to her blog and vote for one of the past cupcake wars (on the right hand side). I think for total votes we're neck and neck!

3 comments:

Reggs said...

So cute, Daniks!! I especially like the little pom pom frosting on the top. Good job, TEAM WUEHLER! Dare I ask, did you BUY a frosting tip specifically for cupcake wars?? BRING IT!
My submission is up on my bloggy. And I think you should name your nephew cupcake baby sam. :)

Lisa said...

Cute! I like them because they are different! Can we all make cupcakes together when you are here? How fun would that be!? And I think you should name your little cupcakes "Samlettes" :)

Laney said...

Those are super fun, but I have to vote for Reagan on this one. You guys have some serious creativity in your family.