I love doing Liesel's hair! She's such a good sport about letting me experiment with new styles. Here are some of my favorites:
Braids braided into a braid. Looks complicated but is actually super easy.

Twisted pigtails. When this is taken out her hair is beautifully wavy.
Can't remember what kind of braid this is, but I divided her hair into sections and then put ribbons on the end. It looked really cool.

A close-up of one of the braids.

Another braid but this one has ribbon incorporated rather than just tied at the end.

This was almost like weaving. My hands were definitely full!

Grandma Nielsen did this one. Liesel looked like a little princess

Zig zag part, braids and then an upsweep on the back with the ends curling around. I have a plethora of bobby pins with little flowers on the ends. It anchored the upsweep and made her look so sweet!

3 comments:
W O W!!! Maybe you missed your calling? Maybe you were supposed to be hair stylist to the stars or something. LOVE these! And I'm uber impressed that she sits still for you to do it! I'm sure this is one of the reasons God didn't give me girls.....I can do pigtails, a simple braid, a ponytail and that's the end of my hairstyle list. I'm fascinated by the twisted pigtails, btw!
Hmm, where have I seen the same expressions from picts 2 & 3 before?! Right - on Danika ;) Since you were creative with your own hair stylings, I'm not shocked that you try some amazing things with Liesel. She looks so darling!
I love them! I'm always on the look-out for new braids and twists for Avery's hair... so your post is perfect. Avery's always in the pool these days but come August when school starts and her hair is finally dry I'm totally using these. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment