Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chocolate World, Hershey PA

Hershey Factory Workers
When I told my parents about my plans to go to Maryland for Spring Break, they insisted we make a stop in Hershey, PA to visit Chocolate World. Reagan sprung her kids from school to join us so the girls got to experience everything with their cousins. By this time, Piper had made a career of carrying Ireland around everywhere which Ireland loved. Those two made an interesting kinship. It's like they didn't mind the older/younger sister dynamic when it was with someone else's sister. Paisley and Liesel were fast friends and I'd often turn around to find them holding hands. So very, very cute. Reagan and I toted around Rockwell and Brigitta who took everything in stride.
Ireland nibbling on a kiss
Reagan wisely took us into town a bit so we could see the street lamps shaped like Hershey's Kisses. The girls became "workers" in the factory and we did the ride which led us through the chocolate making process. Unbelievably, both of those activities were completely free! I made up the cost savings in the huge gift shop. Logically I probably should have stocked up on candy for Easter but I couldn't resist the chocolate colored hoodies. Reagan generously bought all the girls little packets of Hershey Kisses in a flavor of their choice. They contentedly munched on those and we soaked up the last bit of time we had together.
With the world's largest Hershey bar
I really wanted to do the make your own chocolate bar experience (TOFFEE! You can never have too much toffee in your chocolate!) but the wait was 30 min. Some small part of me was also feeling a tad guilty for all the fun Brent was missing so I kinda wanted to leave that for our next visit.
That would make A LOT of chocolate milk!
We stopped by a gas station to fill up and say goodbye. As we pulled out, Liesel burst into tears and sobbed, "I'm going to miss those guys!" So sweet. I told her it was okay to cry and cry she did. I have to admit I started feeling a bit empty as well. We all had such a great time and I can't wait to go back.
Everyone in their Chocolate World clothing. Liesel and Ireland now call anything in any shade of brown, "chocolate-colored". 

No comments: