To have an authentic Maryland experience, we simply had to have some good seafood! Allen found an excellent place along the water and Reagan insisted I was going to shell a crab. She talked me through the process and somewhere between pulling off the reproductive organs and scraping out the gills I just couldn't do it. I was perfectly happy with my lump crab cakes and didn't feel a need to be initiated. Apparently Ireland's not so skittish and was paying close attention to the demonstration. While the other kids colored, she sidled up to Reagan, grabbed a crab, flipped it over, and began taking a knife to it like it was her second job. My jaw dropped as she cracked that thing open, ripped off legs, tore out meat and dipped it in butter like she was born doing it. Notice Reagan's jab at me in the video...
Good to know Ireland is handy with a mallet when the situation calls for one.
No comments:
Post a Comment