Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Port Discovery

The Queen
The Jester
The Knight
The Baltimore children's museum was fantastic! We didn't even have time to see everything because the girls loved playing in the central climbing structure so much, they spent a chunk of time there. Reagan and I took Rockwell and Brigitta to the baby section where they rolled, squirmed and licked toys (which subsequently went in the "dirty" bin). After that, Reagan insisted we go to the diner section and the girls pretended to wait on us. It was hilarious seeing them scramble to get our orders, Piper seriously put me under when I kept teasing her about getting my hot chocolate with nutmeg wrong. She had just plopped a "drink" in front of me when I asked her what it was. She responded cheerfully, "It's.... what you ordered!" I asked her to repeat what I ordered and she said, "Hot chocolate with... hot nut." Oh that girl is a doll!

There was an exhibit on The Wizard of Oz with this rainbow arch in pieces. The pieces were numbered and all these kids just couldn't get it right. It was driving me crazy (Hello! The pieces were numbered! Not rocket science!!!) and I was just about to go and do it myself when a dad stepped in and started building it. Another mom started helping him and even Reagan kicked him pieces (her arms were full with little Rockwell). He finally stepped aside just as he got the keystone piece in place and all of us parents looked around at those energetic kids. It's almost like you could HEAR everyone thinking, "They'd better not knock this down after all the work we just put into it!" So I got a picture of the girls under it for posterity's sake. 

The time in the fake diner made me really hungry for a real diner. After leaving the museum, we went to a place down by the water called Jimmy's where we had the NICEST waitress in the world! She loved the girls and never tired of filling chocolate milk orders. I chowed on a taco salad while Reagan and I talked of shoes and ships and sealing wax, cabbages and kings!

There was a boutique deceptively named "Cupcake" just a few doors down which sold women's clothing. Of course that got us hankering for real cupcakes. One iPhone search and a short drive led us to Charm City Cupcakes. It should be noted this is in no way related to Charm City Cakes (as any good fan of the show knows Duff hates cupcakes). Still, it was just what we'd been craving. 

No comments: