None of the adults ate at the orphanage. There was plenty of food, but somehow it still seemed wrong to eat any of it. By the time we were back in Johannesburg, we had all worked up quite an appetite. It was the perfect time to stop at Mike's Kitchen.
I have never seen a menu where I have the option of either grain-fed meat cuts or grass-fed meat cuts. Among the classic sauce options is "monkey gland". I didn't order that one.

There was a bounce house and face painting for the girls.
Liesel actually spent more time watching the face painter than in the bounce house. I didn't think anything of it at the time but now I know better. More on that later.
Of course, the food was AMAZING! Do you see Mom's lamb shank?
Brent devoured the ribs.
I loved how the parking spaces weren't marked by paint lines but by slightly raised bricks. How very classy!
If we had more time (and fewer amazing restaurants to explore!) we definitely would have returned to Mike's. Maybe then I would have tried the monkey gland sauce....

No comments:
Post a Comment