Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Signs

We encountered many interesting signs in our travels. Here are a few we captured in photo:

Why thank you!
Wise words.
I'm not sure if the wavy words are on purpose or if they ran out of room. It's a lovely thought nonetheless.
At the Nwenya Glass Factory. Haggling is standard in some places and not in others.
I've never thought of Brent as crude...
Do you think Moola is someone's name? If so, does he worx hard?
A beautiful prayer on the wall of the school where the Alexandra branch meets.
Brent was amused to see not stealing for each other is against the rules. I guess if you're going to steal, do it for yourself?
Another lovely thought found at the school.
This guy isn't making the compelling argument he thinks he is. Another beggar had a sign that read, "I keep this corner clean and crime-free." I'd rather give to someone like that!
At the Swaziland border. So sad.
Also at the Swazi border. Also sad.
Notice the footprints at on the floor in front of the urinal? See what the sign says below: 
Be honest gentleman, isn't is always shorter than you think?
Perhaps that sign makes more sense when you see this one. These are everywhere in Johannesburg. Everywhere.
Also all over Johannesburg.

There's Schindler's List and then there's Schindler Lifts

Interesting name for a driving school

Apparently using the sink to wash your feet is a problem at Heathrow

1 comment:

Laney said...

You're so punny!