Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Great Wolf Lodge

 Before leaving the hotel, we awoke and had a healthy, balanced breakfast... or not so much. I specifically told the girls to have actual food for breakfast and as you can see, there is no nutritional content here. Gita said she was counting the orange juice.


Honestly Ireland didn't do much better. There is actually a mini waffle under all that whipped cream!


We all met up at the Great Wolf Lodge in Manteca and after sorting out rooms and getting settled, we hit the water park. Oh man, for the next couple of days we had so much fun on all those slides. Cousins divided, recombined and divided again. Some could be found at the wave pool and some at the splash and some forever in line at one of the big slides. We had SO MUCH FUN!!!

Confession: I do not suffer fools when it comes to family photos. Everyone got a free pair of wolf ears and as family leisurely wandered into the lobby I was dragging chairs and coffee tables. I placed everyone and ordered them all to make sure their eyes and chin were visible (somehow Brent missed that note- he is always partially obscured in photos- AURGH!). Sorry, not sorry- I think we got a decent photo of this very large family.


Original Wuehlers

I asked them to point at the person who farts the most. 

All the Wuehler ladies.

All the Wuehler gentlemen.

I don't remember if anyone tried out the ropes course, but a bunch of us did sneak away to the cafe right next to it (pb&j sandwiches were getting a little old). Was the food great? Not really, but that feeling of family just bellying up to the table and hanging out was there and we had so much fun connecting.  
There was one slide called the Wolf Tail that was a straight drop and I told the girls if they did it I would get them one thing they wanted from Sephora. Gita didn't think twice. Liesel mustered the courage. Sydney (knowing her limits) was out. We waited at the bottom of that slide for a while for Ireland. Someone finally came down and I asked if there was a blonde girl at the top trying to get up the nerve. He told us she was sobbing. Well, I'm proud to say Ireland faced her fear and came out of that slide still sobbing, but having done it. I gave her lots of hugs and kisses and told her how proud I was. At least she had some Sephora shopping to look forward to now!

These cousins went together like peas and carrots. Usually Elizabeth is kind of a lone wolf (pun!) as a teen girl and well, we boosted those numbers with our arrival. 

I noticed Sydney and Ezra were becoming little buddies so I snuck off with them to get the interactive wands so they could do the MagiQuest game. They were so very thoughtful choosing all the components of their wands and again, cousin bonding time!


I didn't take as many photos because 1- I didn't want my phone to get wet and 2- I decided to try my hand at a video instead. We celebrated Jeanne's birthday while we were at it and I felt she might enjoy a video a little better. I'm not very good, but she liked the video and that made me happy. 

No comments: