Friday, March 15, 2024

Shrek: The Musical

 This year's musical was really special because Liesel's best friend was cast as the lead- and she blew us all away with her fantastic pipes! It's always a lot of work and I volunteered to help adjust costumes. It was actually a lot of fun interacting with those teens who are so interesting and strong and grateful when I make sure their waist is nice and snatched. 

Liesel at hair and make up

Riley trying on one of the many costume options to become Fiona as an ogre.

Prince Farquaad had to do the whole thing on his knees to appear short- which made it all the more funny.

Liesel was one of the Duloc villagers

She was also the Gretel portion of Hansel and Gretel (with her Germanic name, not too far a stretch)

They were all really wonderful and we truly enjoyed it. 

Liesel's little sisters were so very proud of her. I'm told when they performed it for the elementary school, Sydney rushed up to Riley to give her a hug afterward and so a ton of little kids followed suit. They all wanted to hug the star!

Honestly no surprise. Riley gave her all to that role and we are equally as proud of her. I took extra special care with her costumes.

With two musicals under her belt, I think Liesel is officially a "theater kid."

No comments: