Having never had a Madrigals group in my own formative high school years, I really struggled to grasp exactly what the whole thing was about- much to the irritation of Liesel and Ireland. I knew there was an audition and it was a big deal Liesel was in it this year. I knew there was a dinner and they told me there was like a show. Hoping it would sink in, Liesel showed me the thick binder of music they'd be singing. Now having experienced it I can confidently say it's basically dinner theater. When I announced this afterwards, Liesel and Ireland sighed the biggest, longest, exasperated sigh there ever was and said, "That's what we've been telling you!"
Liesel had a couple of different head pieces she was deciding between and ultimately went with the veil-looking one.
Liesel and James
We were exactly on time, which is to say we were late. Apparently we were supposed to arrive early so our names could be announced and we could get situated in our seats. So yes, we were late and getting frantic texts from the girls because we were holding up the entire program. Ireland wasn't in Madrigals but she was a serving wench and I personally think one of the cutest little serving wenches there ever was!
Mrs. Scherrer really has a gift and she loves these kids with all her heart. Brent stayed afterward to help tear down and clean up and snapped this photo once the girls were out of costume. You can just see how much love there is in this hug! She is definitely part of our "village" helping to steer these girls in good directions as they learn and grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment