Sunday, November 10, 2024

Ropes Course

 Ireland's troop had a lovely, crisp, fall day for a ropes course with her Girl Scout troop. I volunteered to drive so luckily I was able to snap some photos and chat with her amazing troop leader. She's really loved these girls she gets to hang out with now and again. 


Gearing up!

Practicing safety with the carabiners.

It didn't take too long for Ireland to really get the knack of things. This ropes course was huge so the girls had a lot of options from pretty basic to much more advanced.

Just before this photo, I grabbed the two carabiners, rubbed them together and yelled, "CLEAR!" then placed them on Ireland's chest. She just blinked back at me quizzically. Sometimes I feel like I'm only funny to myself in my head.


You can see the pink knee brace Ireland was wearing. Near the end, she was limping like Quasimodo in the bell towers of Notre Dame. We really need to figure out what is going on with that dang knee!  

Ireland stuck to the intermediate courses but every now and again she enjoyed doing a zipline.

For the most part, Ireland thugged it out because she didn't want to miss this activity. Eventually we snuck back to the car to warm up a bit and give her knee a break and honestly, that was kind of nice too!

No comments: