One of my former coworkers is an incredible photographer. The moon was big and bright and looking like a warm orb in what was actually a freezing cold sky so I texted him. He sent me this photo he took and I loved bonding with him in that moment over the majesty of it all.
Hardly anyone requires cash anymore and every year I have forgotten to bring money to get into the Cheer and Dance Team Showcase but this year I was prepared with my cash. And not just to get in! But for snacks as well! Turns out they have moved to digital wallet- wah waaaaah. In any case, I was able to snag a good seat even though I arrived after it started.
Gita has already expressed interest in doing dance team at the high school level and I think she's really going to thrive. She's definitely had fun doing dance team at the middle school.
The office is cold but with the holidays I had the perfect excuse to wear a festive scarf and hat!
The people at work can be raccoons with the free food. One morning there was a huge bowl of avocados and someone took all the avocados including the bowl! Eventually the bowl returned, but I decided to form an alliance with the woman who orders and lays out the food. Eventually I got my avocado and enjoyed it with cream cheese on toast with some salt and pepper. It was fabulous!
Brent and I had a great time at his work holiday party. We were only there for about an hour and half which is my sweet spot. We chatted with a few people, ate the delicious food and headed back to our hotel for a quiet night (what we really needed in the middle of the hectic holiday season).
Love getting a night to ourselves to just slow down and connect.
The food really was SO good!
The older two girls were busy with a Madrigal's performance at another church so they missed the ward Christmas party but we had fun anyway. There was also a service project putting together meal kits which was a lovely addition.
No comments:
Post a Comment