Our friends were dropping off one by one like children in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory but before she left town, Janeal took her girl to Build-A-Bear. I've
heard of these places and seen them in Boston, Minneapolis and NYC but didn't really get the draw so I tagged along. I'll admit upfront I got suckered in. They not only had bears but a fuzzy lamb which was SO cute! Liesel's grandpa calls her a little lamb and it was just perfect. What put me over the edge was the little princess outfit that perfectly matched the one Liesel had. I know the difference between wants and needs and suddenly this little luxury became a necessity. Liesel loved stepping on the pe
dal to stuff her lamb. We spend so much time trying to keep her away from stuff like that, she just went to town! She may have overstuffed it in fact. She kissed the satiny heart that went into her lamb and she buffed her up when she was all put together. Wooley the Lamb was born.
In a serendipitous turn, Brent's sister Julie was in town for a choir competition. She was able to get permission to hang out with us and since Julie is up for an adventure just as much as Brent is, we decided to try out the famed Pink's hot dogs. Oh my, the menu was the most eclectic mix of hot dog toppings I've ever seen. They actually lived up to the hype too! Brent and Julie got the Ozzy Spicy Dog (nacho cheese, American cheese, grilled onions, guacamole and chopped tomatoes) and I tried the Rosie O'Donnell Long Island Dog (mustard, onions, chili and sauerkraut). Then we all shared the Mullholland Drive (grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, nacho cheese and bacon). It was like a party in my mouth!
There were these tall rows of classy-looking lamp posts which I just loved. In the dark they lit up that whole corner of the park with brilliant light. Perhaps the perfectionist in me was also drawn to the tidy rows. We caught a few photos before they closed the park for the night.
It was really good to get some one on one time with Julie! We had so little time with the family at the wedding, this gave us a second chance to catch up with her.
More photos here
1 comment:
i laughed at the tar tar pits b/c that sort of stuff happens in japan all the time. on signs, they like to put the english underneath the japanese, so you'd get signs saying things like "momochihama beach". well, hama is beach, so it was actually saying momochi beach beach. it happened constantly.
Post a Comment