We had early entrance to the park so we immediately did some of the bigger rides like Space Mountain and the Nemo submarine ride which is insanely popular. The Astro Blasters ride became one of my favorites which we raced out of and into line again. Brent held Liesel who LOVED the joystick in front of her which spun us around. Meanwhile I played (and soundly defeated) Steve. I later learned the moving targets are worth more points than the stationary ones so I have my strategy all set for the next time I go.


California Adventure wasn't completed the last time Brent or I went to Disneyland so this was truly an adventure for us. It did not disappoint! If anyone knows where we can get a hold of the soundtrack to Soarin' Over California please enlighten me! We've looked everywhere and so far have found a questionable source on Amazon and a non-downloadable MP3 online. The songs leading up to the ride were incredible as well (*****hint B-day, X-mas, Purim gift!). That was definitely one of our favorite rides. An added bonus was that by then Liesel was comfortable hanging out with everyone else so Brent and I got to go on it together. I was wearing flip flops and took them off for the ride so I wouldn't lose them. One of my favorite memories from this trip is kicking my legs high above a domed screen while the scents and scenes of California passed over me.
Although it's much smaller than Disneyland, we had a great time there. Brent overcame his fear of heights yet again to go on California Screamin' three times although we both opted out of the Hollywood Tower of Terror. When I was pregnant with Liesel I was in an elevator that dropped about half a floor and I don't think I've ever recovered. We had the most amazing hand-dipped corn dogs as demonstrated by Janeal
. The 3-D Muppet Show movie was lost on Liesel, she just wanted to chew on the glasses but it was a great reminder for us Gen Xers who remember just how great that show was.
It was in California Adventure where I was also introduced to pin trading. A nice gentleman with three kids asked if I was open to trade. Janeal had given us all a Buzz Lightyear pin which I put on my lanyard and forgot until he asked. Then he and his eager kids let me in on it. There's something like 25,000 pins out there and you can trade with any Disney employee as well as try to barter with other people in the park. Some pins have a "hidden Mickey" whi
ch has tiny silver ears on it and they are worth more. My pins weren't enticing enough for any of the kids but from there I was hooked. I got two more of the Buzz Lightyear pins to trade. In the end I went home with a classic yellow Mickey Mouse face (with hidden Mickey) for Liesel, a Kermit the frog in mouse ears for Brent and a Pirates of the Caribbean coin for myself. I'd almost bought that pin in one of the stores but when I found out about the trading I set out on a quest to get it for free.
ch has tiny silver ears on it and they are worth more. My pins weren't enticing enough for any of the kids but from there I was hooked. I got two more of the Buzz Lightyear pins to trade. In the end I went home with a classic yellow Mickey Mouse face (with hidden Mickey) for Liesel, a Kermit the frog in mouse ears for Brent and a Pirates of the Caribbean coin for myself. I'd almost bought that pin in one of the stores but when I found out about the trading I set out on a quest to get it for free. That evening it was the girls turn to have a night out sans children which of course meant shopping on Main Street and in Downtown Disney. Katrina spied an adorable Mickey apron which I ended up getting as well with "Chef Wuehler" embroidered on it. The Mickey ears have come a long way and we found you could get an assortment of caps and then pick out ears which snapped on. Janeal got the most adorable Mickey ears and had them embroidered for her girl. I was tempted by the sparkly pink one with the bow for Liesel but in the end decided just a photo would do. We found books for the girls, jewelry and clothing for ourselves and holiday ornaments to commemorate our time together.

We slipped down to the hot tub to chat and unwind. Afterwards, Katrina and I found our husbands playing games which we joined in on. Ticket to Ride and Rook kept us up late, way TOO, late chatting and enjoying each other's company. I'm smiling just remembering that day. We really have some great friends.
More photos here
1 comment:
Disneyland ALWAYS makes me happy! Its still one of my favorite places- I'm glad that you are getting Liesel acclimated early to it :-)
Post a Comment