Around 2 PM today I really hit a wall. My shoulder was killing me and I had no energy. None. I was lying on my back (not because it feels any better, just because it's nice to not move) watching Ireland entertain herself by pulling diapers out of the package. Liesel furiously worked off her lunch buzz; prancing around and chatting to herself. I was able to peel myself off the floor long enough to put on a movie for Liesel and gather Ireland in my arms in the hopes she'd take a nap with me.
Turns out she wasn't really interested in napping but desperately wanted all my attention. As I lay on Liesel's bed, I fantasized Brent walking in, announcing the system was down and he was home for the day. I wished the RS President would call to check on me, stating she had no piano students and I could beg her to take the girls so I could rest. I was SO tired and in pain! The afternoon hours loomed ahead of me and I couldn't see how I'd get through it. In desperation, I said a little prayer, "Heavenly Father, would YOU please watch my girls so I can sleep?"
Ireland again bounced on her toes wanting to be picked up and once I held her she almost immediately closed her eyes and fell asleep. After a little while, Liesel wandered in and played for a while to the side of the bed. When I didn't hear anything for a few minutes, I glanced at her and she'd fallen asleep, face down. She slept for hours. Amazing considering she hasn't napped in what seems like eons. Almost a miracle you might say. I was blissfully able to give into my exhaustion and drift off.
When I picked Brent up from the train I told him about it. I couldn't help but cry as I told him the Lord watched the girls for me so I could get some much needed sleep.
The power of prayer.
3 comments:
Loved this story! Made me tear up! OK, now here's my smart alec reply.....next time ask Him to please clean the house for you so you can rest. If it works, PLEASE let me know, I'm SO going to do it too! ;)
Good must've been babysitting for you. I asked him to watch my kids while I worked on the photo directory for the ward. Needless to say I have WHITE Rx and $$$ butt paste all over the RED couch & the "peanut butter sandwich" turned out to be a smear fest free-for-all.
I told God that the angel he sent didn't do a very good job.
Love this story too!! AWWW so sweet! I really do think there are times when HF understands and tries to help us catch a break. Plus, is there anything better than snuggling with your sleeping babies?
Post a Comment