Saturday, July 24, 2021

Water Balloon Fight and Tinfoil Dinners

Vanessa was coming down with a bug (thankfully not Covid-19) and I desperately needed to put in some time on a talk I had to give in church. Thankfully, she was cool to just hang out around the house for the day.

Elizabeth had a ball playing with makeup. Vanessa has some, but not nearly as much as we do and they created all kinds of looks:

Elizabeth could be tough to please- sometimes I don't think she entirely knew what she wanted- but makeup was a definite hit!

We planned to do water balloon fights and tinfoil dinners. Sounds fun, right?
  



It was a nightmare. I mean, the kids had fun and all, but aside from that it was a nightmare. After filling water balloons, I couldn't get the spigot to turn off. It just kept leaking water and Brent wasn't able to make any headway either. We finally called our home warranty company and they didn't have anyone available for several days. Oh, and they also tried to claim they wouldn't cover it because it was "outside the foundation of the home." The spigot is connected to the foundation of the home!!! Despite explaining that water would be running until someone fixed it, there was nothing to be done. It was so frustrating, time-consuming and embarrassing. This was the very last thing we needed with guests in town and sick guests at that.



Our only option was to turn the water off and just turn it on for limited amounts of time (like when everyone was brushing their teeth and headed to bed). Ironically, my talk was on "The Miracle of Hope" and let me tell you, I did NOT want to give that talk! Any other subject would have been better but I was in the middle of the summer which is already hard. I was hosting guests which was really hard. I was kind of in crisis and it was just the worst topic possible. The upside is the girls had a blast and enjoyed their tinfoil dinners. I did finish my talk and miraculously Liesel finished hers (we were speaking together). This is one day I'm glad is behind me!

No comments: