Brigitta is an extremely active little girl, but for some reason she was really shy around her girl scout troop. She always seemed to clam up and stay in a corner, which I thought was so at odds with the boisterous, outgoing girl we know at home. I had high hopes this would turn around at camp. She was really excited to go. Gita is probably the most connected with the outdoors and has the biggest desire to go camping. We went over the packing list together but she actually packed everything herself.
They weren't roughing it too badly, this is her cabin.
They also got to enjoy a pool.
At the arts and crafts cabin they made wands and friendship bracelets.
They also made slime.
A bit of archery. She tells me, "No offense to myself but I'm really bad at archery."
Hiking where they did a scavenger hunt and caught butterflies and caught small fish with nets.
It was all hugs and smiles as we left and she happily chatted the whole way home.
I'm so grateful for Girl Scouts- especially since I have next to no interest in camping. Gita's leaders are amazing and they put so much effort into the troop.
No comments:
Post a Comment