I was feeling a little bad about my plans to take everyone to Bowlero. Driving to downtown Chicago to have a new adventure everyday was going to kill me so I built in a couple of close to home activities while we had guests in town. Wouldn't you know, the girls had the BEST time just bowling and hanging out? We are keeping this in mind for Spring Break, Winter Break and just rainy days when we want to get out a bit and have fun.
Bowling is such a simple game but it engenders so much camaraderie! The girls were cheering each other on- so excited to knock down just one or two more pins.
This is a new bowling alley so they had the fancy schmancy bumpers that prevent gutter balls which makes it so much more fun for little kids. There were also bowling ramps to help with aim.
Brigitta became really precise with that sucker.
Like, really precise.
I mean she had that thing lined up perfectly.
And in the end she picked up the spare without the ramp and with that bowling ball bouncing off the bumpers not once, not twice, but three times. I love Liesel's, "Oh no way, it WORKED?!?!"
Well that's my Gita girl, for sure. Also my Gita girl to drink marinara sauce straight out of the container.
I spend a chunk of my summer mitigating the endless fighting between the girls. Often I just want to throw some boxing gloves at them and let them just go at it because nothing seems to work. It was so nice to get out of the sun and heat and to see them cheering each other on for a change.
It was also nice to just sit back and watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment