Traffic coming back from Warren Dunes was horrendous- we were in the car for hours. My plans to have everyone showered off and fresh fell to pieces. Brent and Liesel had to grab clothes for the girls and jump in the car. We swung by Brianna's house to drop her off and were just in time for Brigitta's bridging. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to change so I was rocking the beach look but I don't think anyone noticed.
Just like that, this girl went from a Brownie:
To a Junior:
I love the bridge where the ceremony took place- it's so pretty with the waterfall beneath.
Her proud sisters were happy to support.
We're pretty proud of her too!
Brent had connected with another dad during cookie booth duty and wanted me to meet him. He said he was the guy in beige cargo shorts. I found him and struck up a conversation and after going on and on and on, Brent pointed out another guy in beige cargo shorts. As if being inappropriately dressed for the occasion wasn't enough, I had to ask the dad I was talking to to kindly erase our entire conversation from memory because I had mistook him for someone else. He laughed heartily.
Heading back to the car, the girls spotted this tree stump in the shape of a heart and suddenly everyone wanted a picture. I had been in the sun all day, then traffic all afternoon, and all I wanted was to take a shower and go to bed. However, they begged and pleaded so we snapped some quick pics. I have to admit, the pics turned out pretty cute!
It's important to us that the girls learn to find friends in a variety of environments: school, church, scouts, dance, etc. Good people can be found anywhere and you can make connections with almost anyone. I'm really glad I found this particular troop for Brigitta. Even though she's a firecracker at home, she's really shy with her fellow scouts and I think it's good for her to get out of her comfort zone. Once we finally arrived at home, I took the shower I'd been looking forward to and snuggled up in a dry, clean bed happy that we had another bridging ceremony in the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment