We met up with family for shaved ice. It's really not a big deal. Just a stand in the parking lot of the HyVee, but to the girls it was a big deal. Anytime they can see Tim and Whitney is a big deal. Anytime they can get a sugary treat, it's a big deal. The panoply of flavors makes it all the more exciting- Tim's favorite is Tiger's Blood.
Sydney was pretty proud of herself for getting that spoon to balance on her nose.
Later that evening we went to dinner at Big Grove Brewery which is one of the trendy places that has cropped up in Iowa City in recent years. It was insanely busy and a bit cool out and honestly I was just exhausted so I wasn't very chatty with family. The girls enjoyed the playground along with some corn hole- which I discovered I am horrible at playing. There was a little boy throwing gravel but when he wasn't around Liesel wanted so photos.
I have friends who's kids hate pictures- they complain every time they have to get them taken and when they do, the pictures don't turn out well because they are so miserable. I'm so grateful the girls have fun with photos and I can record these moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment