When it comes to food in this house, our girls are really featherweights. They don't down tons and tons of food and I've often told Brent to take note of that and be thankful because I hear boys can eat you out of house and home. However, when it comes to Jimmy Jack's Rib Shack? It's a different story.
Honestly, I'm drooling looking at these pictures. The cowboy sauce is the best- the perfect blend of smokey with a little kick and a little sweetness. It's SO GOOD! Those seemingly well-mannered girls pictured above descend into Lord of the Flies madness when there's a rack of ribs in front of them. I kept telling them not to fight, we can always order more if they are truly still hungry.
Yeah, we ended up ordering more. There's just nothing like this place!
Have I mentioned I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas of entertaining spots in Iowa City? Well this is one that popped up on trip advisor and I couldn't believe I'd never heard of it- because I'm fairly certain I've driven by it several times. The World's Largest Wooden Nickel was built to protest a road proposal. It urged citizens to "vote for common sense" and spoiler alert: they won. There's no Guinness Book of World Records category for wooden nickels but apparently the creator called the Historical Wooden Nickel Museum in San Antonio to tell them their 13-foot version had lost it's title (this one is 16-feet). Here the girls are making it rain with their invisible money.
It's really a stop-and-snap-a-quick-pic kind of attraction but I'm glad I know about it now!
Visit World's Largest Wooden Nickel? Check.
No comments:
Post a Comment