Pre-pandemic we were fairly opposed to physical activity like hiking or camping on the sabbath. During lockdown I found that if we couldn't be in church, the great outdoors was the next best place. We made sure to join our sacrament meeting zoom. At the end of the meeting a member of the bishopric flips the camera around to the congregation and the girls were so excited to spot Brent. It took a bit of coordination though as evidenced by the text messages:
Make no mistake, we have a lot of fun without him, but we still miss him.
Anyway, connecting with nature has become more and more important so after our sacrament meeting zoom, we headed to the Coralville Dam Fossil Gorge. There's a pretty sweet fountain near the entrance the girls can't help but play in:
I love it when Gita laughs so hard her little button nose wrinkles up!
While the girls scrambled over boulders and looked for fossils I was on the phone catching up with Brent. However, I put him on hold so I could get some power girl photos of Gita on this rock:
Our time in Iowa City is over half way over and I'm looking forward to another week. We are steadily checking things off our list and I'm surprised and delighted at how many new little adventures we've been able to have- I truly thought we'd been there, done that. However, now and again it's nice to go back to an old favorite like this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment